- Throughout the data collection process, all necessary steps are taken to ensure that data is used only according to the purposes that stated.
- Information is collected from the User on registration, or when contributions are made or certain features of the site used. It is collected primarily so that Working Families can both personalise the use of the site for Users and to assist in provision of the service.
- Information is also collected so that Working Families may send Users further information about the site, related products or services, details of other family friendly products or services or those of third parties. The site allows the User to choose which of these will be relevant. Working Families will only pass information about Users (as an individual as opposed to aggregate information - as explained in clause 9) to third parties with Users' consent or otherwise set out in this policy.
- Users can amend information provided at any time by accessing User details.
- All User information supplied by Users is covered by the Data Protection Act 1998 (the "Act"). The Act requires Working Families to be registered as a Data Controller. Further details of the registration are available at http://www.dpr.gov.uk
- Users can access the data held on them by contacting Working Families in writing or by email, subject to a nominal charge of £10, as authorised by the Act, to cover administration costs.
- Whenever a User requests a page, username, IP address, browser and version and operating system are stored in a log file. This information is only used for statistical purposes to help improve this site and provide accurate statistics to advertisers in the form of aggregated data.
- Whilst we strive to protect User's personal information no data transmission over the Internet can be guarantee to be totally secure and thus Working Families can not ensure or warrant the security of any information it may process as part of the site.